Delivering the Queensland Strategy for Disaster Resilience
- we understand the potential disaster risks we face
- we work together as a team to manage disaster risk
- we invest in opportunities to reduce disaster risk
- we keep improving how we prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters.
- local leadership
- flexibility and adaptation
- shared responsibility and collaboration
- resilience becomes business as usual.
QRA will continue to collaborate with stakeholders across the state to strengthen our communications networks, share knowledge, identify gaps and opportunities, and refine our understanding of community attitudes and disaster awareness levels across Queensland.
Resilience case studies
Helping Queenslanders understand their risk is a key focus for governments and community organisations across the state. Engaging the community in meaningful ways can be a challenge, particularly if a disaster has not occurred in recent times.
View the Resilient Queensland interactive stories map to see case studies showcasing examples of how different communities are working to strengthen their resilience to disasters.
Queensland Strategy for Disaster Resilience
The Queensland Strategy for Disaster Resilience (2017) was updated in 2017 to incorporate climate change risk and deliver a comprehensive, all-hazards approach to building disaster resilience throughout Queensland.
The Strategy aligns with international best practice - the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030. The Strategy provides an overarching framework to empower Queenslanders to factor in resilience measures and activities as they anticipate, respond and adapt to changing circumstances.
Burnett Catchment Flood Resilience Strategy - Pilot Project
The Burnett Catchment Flood Resilience Strategy is a pilot project for the development of regionally coordinated Resilience Plans to be delivered throughout the state as part of Resilient Queensland. The pilot project will support improved flood risk management strategies for the region and supports the identification and prioritisation of key activities to build local resilience.
- Resilient Queensland - Summary (PDF | 1MB)
- Resilient Queensland – Delivering the Queensland Strategy for Disaster Resilience - Full version (PDF | 2.1MB)
- Resilient Queensland 2018-21 - A3 plan on a page (PDF | 410KB)
- Queensland Strategy for Disaster Resilience 2017 (PDF | 1.3MB)
Video: Resilient Queensland
Watch the short two minute video introducing Resilient Queensland.
Stories: Resilient Queensland
View the interactive map see how communities across Queensland are strengthening their disaster resilience.
In the news